Saturday, March 31, 2012





Hi Bloggers!

So Im a week or two behind thats because I've been really busy with work and school but Im back and will try to stay more on top of my illustrations. So for this illustration I still wanted to do this illustration just because I had a really good idea what I wanted to do. Now I know it might seem very typical and obvious when you hear the word Sunglasses and thought "she will do sunglasses" yes I was but not by itself so I was doing research online trying to get some ideas and inspiration and came across a women wearing sunglasses and used only part of it and started outlining the sunglasses just to get the structure of it, and began drawing the rest of the portion. I knew I wanted to draw something fun and chic so I thought of doing the obvious with my own twist to it. 





I first drew the sunglasses using the colors dark purples and lights and shades in blacks and browns to give it more contrast and tried to make it look realistic.

Next I added a background and choose the color pink because I wanted it to be girly and feminine, but later I will add a gradient color to give it more dimension and edge. 

Next I started to draw in the hair and mouth to start showing more of the women and building the whole image up by putting it all together so it would soon form into her face. 
Later I drew in the skin and layering different tones of skin values to enhance more shape and real life texture to her so it wouldn't look flat and boring and drew in her nose and shaded it in, made her lips look fuller by adding a gradient to add a shadow to it so it would look bigger and used the color purple as I did for her sunglasses, keeping the color scheme the same for this layout. 

So its looking pretty good so far and really liking how its turning out, so to continue I basically drew in all of the elements in, and finally added the text called"Your Perfect Shades"and think it fits well with the overall image. 


And finally just to add that special touch I added a purple and pink gradient background as I mentioned above to really give it that final touch to it so it looks edgy and classy, as for the text I used a drop shadow and bevel and emboss to make it stand out also using a cursive font to look more sleek and chic. So This is my final hope you enjoyed it! Don't forget to come back again and see what I come up with my next illustration.

Until Then, Fatima





No comments:

Post a Comment