Thursday, March 15, 2012

Hello Bloggers!

So Im here for my next illustration which is for the word "Suspense" and the first thing I thought of was mac cosmetics, and so I made a few thumbnails to show you.  Here are the thumbnails I did and the first one you can see I was trying to make it look suspenseful with the two girls covering their mouth with her hand just seeing how it would look, then I came across with my second thumbnail and messing around with her face adding tears falling off her face even though their wasn't that much emotion on her face but just playing my ideas. Here are my thumbnails like the girl with tears except I took away the tears and added leaves and feather because mac always has these outrageous yet awesome ads each month and wanted to use that as my theme.






Since I shop there alot I always so that mac comes out with a new collection every month and always have these crazy cool awesome make up ads which always gets me excited because I love their crazy fun style that always goes beyond their imagination and creativity. Here are examples of what I mean.





So as you can see they are pretty out of the ordinary but still gets clients around the world to shop at their stores, because I believe people are attracted to packaging and colorful products and so I decided I wanted to use their ideas and incorporate the word "suspense"by using lots of bright and wild colors since their make is very bright and stands out. To start off I found an image of a a eye with feathers around it and thought it looked very mysterious and wild like its hiding in the woods or something so I used it and colored it in and adjusted different effects and changing opacity to make it stand out more. here is the first beginning.







Now that you have seen the previous stages and begin to conceptualize my idea I began shading in the shapes and the feathers into bright colorful colors and later on drew the eyes to make it look like its afraid and wondering in the woods like its lurking so see if someone is after her so I kept coloring in the feathers all the way around and was finished later on I added the mac logo and began drawing it and placed it on the bottom right corner. I liked the placement of everything just because it flows nicely and organized the design and so this ended up being my final and think it incorporates the word "Suspense" 
Hope you all enjoy and watch out for my next illustration which is the word"Popularity" .
Until the Cheers! 
Fatima

  

No comments:

Post a Comment