Friday, April 6, 2012

Hi Everyone!

So Im here doing my next illustration which is the word "swamp". Now when I heard this word I first thought of a muddy swamp lake with a creature lurking in the water typical I know...So instead I was researching and finding something relevant to the word"swamp" and found an image of a girl stressing because she has been swamped with homework and decided to use that as my image after changing it up. My idea for this image was to make it into a sort of cartoon illustration like so just because I wanted change my style of of using a different medium.

So lets begin!

So here is the image I found and will use as my theme of my illustration. Now the idea is to take this image and create a cartoon vector posterize look as you will see I will be showing you the steps and process as I go along. 


The first step I did was open up the image and made a duplicate of the background layer, then I made the foreground and background black and white and went to filter-sketch-stamp and changed the lightness and darkness to 1 and left smoothness to 4. 

Next step I did was I hid the bottom layer made the top layer visible and click on the eye dropper tool and sample the girls shirt and selected the sketch layer and hit the brush tool and colored in her shirt and went to the layer effects panel and selected multiply, this will make it look painted and natural on her shirt.

After doing that I just got the eyedropper tool and started picking up the original colors and applying them. I just used different colors because the original colors were plain and boring so I used my own colors for this purpose. Here is what this step looks like!


As you can see I added the colors just to give you an inside look on how its being shaded in and blends well the the stamp effect I created above.

Here is what is done so far, I just kept on coloring the image and made it look very clean and consistent. Its a a rough looking draft I will clean it more later just wanted to show you how it looks so far.

Here is the final image I spent my time adding the final touches and colored the whole image using complementary colors keeping conservative and clean. Further more I added some make up on her just to give it more flare and brighter colors.


So thats about it for my final illustration "Swamp" thanks for stopping by and checking out my work don't forget to come back soon for my next illustration. 

Take Care
Fatima 



No comments:

Post a Comment