Sunday, April 15, 2012

Hello All!

Last week I was assigned to do a billboard project where I had to paint an ad that only a person would understand in four seconds. This was a favorite project of mine to do since I like designing billboard ads and painting. My idea was to do something girly and fashion inspired so I was doing research online and came up with an idea drawing a bunch of girls half body holding their shopping bags along with a slogan and the visa trademark logo illustrated on the front of the billboard. So I pulled out my paints, and brushes and went straight to work!

Here are my thumbnails!


I drew a few of half girls body because I was suppose to cature the main focus which was the shopping bags since it is about a billboard ad so the part of drawing the whole body was not necessary. 

Next I started drawing the comp in pencil showing the exact outline of the drawing.
It was just a rough draft on how I wanted it to look.

Next i grabbed all my paints and started painting the body since it was just black and went with the easy part first. 

Here are the steps though out my painting. Hope you enjoy it!











So as you can see I have painted the girls in black silhouette with bright colorful shopping bags and used the slogan"Visa-Your Flexible Friend" I thought it was pretty catchy and fits well with the overall design, and last but not least I carefully painted the visa logo as it was the most important element out of the painting. So thats it for now I will show you the end result as soon as I decided what color I should paint the background. 

Take Care! 
Fatima  




And so here is the final! I choose to use a light blue for the background because blue to me seems very common as a choice and is able to fit with almost any design. I had a hard time deciding after asking my classmates which color they would prefer and they all suggested to go with blue just as I hoped.
So that is my final step though the process and hope you all liked it as much as I enjoyed creating it. I think I will keep working on more of these billboards since its what I like to do, So watch out for some more because I'll be doing alot more of them for you all.

Take Care!
Fatima

2 comments:

  1. Oh My gosh Fatima, I freaking LOVE this!!!! Go Fatima...Go Fatima!!!
    You are Awesome Girly, Creativity runs through your veins...it's evident!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!!! your sweet comments means alot to me. haha creativity sure does run through my veins! xoxox :D

    ReplyDelete