Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hey Everybody!

First I would like to start saying "Happy Easter To Everyone" and hope your all enjoying your easter. So this weeks word I believe was"return" and had a good idea what I wanted to do, this time more romantic and sweet. So I drew some thumbnails showing a beach with a couple in love while showing their affection for each other. My concept for this was to illustrate something unique and not something you would thought of which is good, cause I did'nt want something that would instantly come to your mind, so the idea I had was to draw a couple in love on a beach with the water and sunset looking very subtle and romantic with the title"True Love Finally Returns". Now you probably now understand what I was going for and realized it wasn't what you thought of when you heard the word"Return". Now for fun part I will now show you the steps I did to get the final result.

The first step I did was drew some thumbnails here is what I came up with!


So here I drew two sheets of paper just so I can pick one I liked which was the last one of the couple on the beach falling in love. I chose that one and started drawing it in photoshop with my wacom tabet. 


Next stage I drew the couple on the beach  kissing as a silhouette and started shading them in along with the beach as the background with the sand. I choose very soft colors that were complementary as the theme is a sweet and romantic scene. Later I shaded the sand a golden brown with a rough like texture to really make it look like sand. As for the ocean I used different shades of gradient of blues to to give it that realistic feel to the water and made it sparking to set the mood of the layout. I left the couple dark for now just to give you all a glimpse of what it looks like so far. I also used my wacom tablet for the whole illustration using different brush settings. 



Alright almost there! So here is a few images to show you guys how its looking, as you all see I started shading them in giving it more of a relaxing feel to it making it look like a romantic setting scene. I later added a sun to make the setting dream like and lowered the opacity so it wasn't to harsh and opaque and to give it more of a calmness look to it. 



Alright so Im finally done! So as you can see I decided to add some more shading to the sun such as red and orange so it has a subtle mood to the scene . Later I finally added the text 
"True Love Finally Returns" I used a drop shadow and bevel and emboss also a color fill that was a soft light creamy beige. I really liked that choice of slogan and placed it on the middle left centre so it would align beside the main illustration to draw the viewers eyes to the couple.
So thats all I did for my illustration for "Return" and hope you "Return" for my next illustration 
Stay tuned!
Fatima


No comments:

Post a Comment